Exceptional, Unconventional Research Enabling Knowledge Acceleration (EUREKA) (R01)
The summary for the Exceptional, Unconventional Research Enabling Knowledge Acceleration (EUREKA) (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Exceptional, Unconventional Research Enabling Knowledge Acceleration (EUREKA) (R01): -Purpose. This FOA solicits Research Project Grant (R01) applications from institutions/organizations proposing exceptionally innovative research on novel hypotheses or difficult problems, solutions to which would have an extremely high impact on biomedical or biobehavioral research that is germane to the mission of one or more of the participating NIH Institutes. This FOA is for support of new projects, not continuation of projects that have already been initiated. It does not support pilot projects, i.e., projects of limited scope that are designed primarily to generate data that will enable the PI to seek other funding opportunities. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NIGMS ($6 million, 18-22 awards), NCI ($750,000, 2-3 awards), NIA ($1 million, 2-3 awards), NIAAA ($600,000, 2 awards), NIDCR ($750,000, 2-3 awards), NIDA ($1 million, 3-4 awards), NIMH ($3 million, 8-12 awards), NINDS ($2 million, 6 awards), and NLM ($985,000. 3 awards) are participating in this initiative. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Exceptional, Unconventional Research Enabling Knowledge Acceleration (EUREKA) (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-09-008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research 93.242 Mental Health Research Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 28, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Aug 15, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Aug 15, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Nov 28, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.273 -- Alcohol Research Programs|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...