Expanded Medical Capacity in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
The summary for the Expanded Medical Capacity in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Expanded Medical Capacity in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996: FY 2005 marks the fourth year of the President's multi-year plan to serve more of the Nation's neediest communities through significantly expanded health center access points. The HRSA is committed to improving and expanding access to health care for the underserved and to pledging new funding to strengthen the health care safety net through each of the Consolidated Health Center Program funded under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act. Health centers extend preventive and primary health care services to populations currently without such services and improve the health status of medically underserved individuals. One way of achieving these goals and reaching new users of health centers is to approve funding increases for existing health center grantees that provide a plan for achieving increased medical capacity within their current service area. The types of centers included under this activity include: 1) Community Health Centers, sect! ion 330(e); 2) Migrant Health Centers, section 330(g); 3) Health Care for the Homeless; section 330(h); 4) Public Housing Primary Care, section 330(i); and 5) School Based Health Centers, section 330. The populations served by these programs are: 1) medically underserved populations in urban and rural areas; 2) migratory and seasonal agricultural workers and their families; 3) homeless people, including children and families; 4) residents of publicly subsidized housing, and 5) medically underserved students in grades K through 12, their families, and medically underserved populations surrounding the school.
|Federal Grant Title:||Expanded Medical Capacity in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-05-102|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Health Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 20, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Oct 29, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Oct 29, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Feb 28, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$78,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||156|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants are limited to currently funded health center programs (i.e., those organizations funded under section 330).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the call center. firstname.lastname@example.org HRSA Call Center
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • Service Area Competitions
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care