Expanding Access to Quality Laboratory Service (EQUALS) in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Expanding Access to Quality Laboratory Service (EQUALS) in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Expanding Access to Quality Laboratory Service (EQUALS) in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $1,500,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Lesotho has a generalized HIV epidemic with an estimated 319,000 people living with HIV (PLHIV). Adult prevalence aged 15-59 is 25.6% and incidence among adults is 1.1%. PEPFAR has provided technical support to Lesotho to scale up HIV prevention, care and treatment services and strengthen strategic information and laboratory services to achieve epidemic control. Continuous laboratory support has led to notable progress in diagnostic and monitoring services, yet gaps remain in providing quality laboratory services to meet national demands. This NOFO will expand access and improve quality of laboratory services that directly contribute to achieving HIV epidemic control in Lesotho. Strategies include strengthening laboratory services by supporting implementation of policies and strategic plans and quality management systems towards accreditation. This NOFO will strengthen laboratories that are equipped with the infrastructure, appropriate diagnostic technologies, trained and skilled staff, and information systems that have the capability to provide accurate, reliable, and timely testing services. This NOFO will contribute to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and maintain epidemic control in Lesotho. The recipient will work in collaboration with PEPFAR partners, Ministry of Health (MOH), and other stakeholders to achieve the goals. All activities implemented under this NOFO will follow national policies, strategic plans, and guidelines and priorities of PEPFAR support in Lesotho.
|Federal Grant Title:||Expanding Access to Quality Laboratory Service (EQUALS) in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2044|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 10th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 10th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 9th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 6th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...