FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental
The summary for the FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental: EDA announces general policies and application procedures for the Disaster Supplemental NOFO. Subject to the availability of funds, this investment assistance will help communities and regions devise and implement long-term economic recovery strategies through a variety of non-construction and construction projects, as appropriate, to address economic challenges in areas where a Presidential declaration of a major disaster was issued under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. § 5121 et seq.) (Stafford Act) as a result of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and of wildfires and other natural disasters occurring in calendar year 2017. To be competitive, applications must clearly incorporate principles for enhancing the resilience (as defined under Section A.4, below) of the relevant community/region or demonstrate the integration of resilience principles into the investment project itself. Resilience is an essential component of any strategy for mitigating the potential for future disaster-related losses and adverse economic impacts for communities. Therefore, inclusion of resilience principles in the project is a necessary step to improve the capacity of the region to recover more quickly from future disaster events. Applicants must include a narrative attachment as a part of their application materials, describing in detail the nexus between their proposed project scope of work and disaster recovery and resilience efforts. The strength of the nexus to the disaster is drawn from the consequences of the relevant disaster(s) and the intended project outcomes that fulfill the community's specific post-disaster needs.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration (DOC-EDA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EDA-2018-DISASTER|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||April 10th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||April 10th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$587,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$587,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||April 10th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- EDA announces general policies and application procedures for the Disaster Supplemental Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). Subject to the availability of funds, this investment assistance will help communities and regions devise and implement long-term economic recovery strategies through a variety of non-construction and construction projects, as appropriate, to address economic challenges in areas where a Presidential declaration of a major disaster was issued under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. § 5121 et seq.) (Stafford Act) as a result of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and of wildfires and other natural disasters occurring in calendar year 2017. Please read the FY 18 Disaster Supplemental Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) carefully for all of EDA’s eligibility and program requirements under this announcement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Pursuant to the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 (PWEDA), an eligible applicant for and eligible recipient of EDA investment assistance under this announcement include a(n): (1) District Organization; (2) Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes; (3) State, city or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions; (4) institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; or (5) public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State. See section 3 of PWEDA (42 U.S.C. § 3122) and 13 C.F.R. § 300.3. EDA is not authorized to provide grants to individuals or to for-profit entities seeking to start or expand a private business. Such requests may be referred to State or local agencies, or to non profit economic development organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY 2019 EDA Disaster Supplemental
- • The Partnerships for Opportunity and Workforce and Economic Revitalization (POWER) Impleme...
- • Strong Cities, Strong Communities Visioning Challenge
- • 2012 i6 CHALLENGE
- • Opportunity EDA10012008DISASTERSUPPLEMENTAL
- • Opportunity EDA01092009DISASTERSUPPLEMENTAL2
- • Opportunity EDA05032010I6
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2019 EDA Disaster Supplemental
- • FY 2018 Economic Development Assistance Programs. Application submission and program requi...
- • FY 2017 Economic Development Assistance Programs Application submission and program requir...