FY 2018 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative
The summary for the FY 2018 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2018 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative: Through the Joint Technology Transfer Initiative (JTTI) Program, OAR's Office of Weather and Air Quality (OWAQ) is soliciting proposals to conduct research and development activities related to advancing data assimilation of new observations and data assimilation techniques for convective-scale weather prediction, improving water prediction capabilities through enhancements to National Water Model, improving daily to subseasonal scale prediction of Arctic sea ice, and communicating forecast uncertainty.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2018 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-OWAQ-2018-2005496|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 9th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 9th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||January 19th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||January 19th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 9th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 19th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofit organizations; and commercial organizations. Commercial organizations are not allowed to make profit (that is, increments above cost) on these awards.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For questions about this announcement contact Dr. Chandra Kondragunta at Chandra.Kondragunta@noaa.gov.
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2021 Weather Program Office Research Programs
- • FY2020 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY2019 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Verification of the Origins of Rotation in Tornadoes Experiment in t...
- • Social Science Weather Research
- • FY 2013 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- • FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021