FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
The summary for the FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs: Under this NOFO, EDA solicits applications from applicants in rural and urban areas to provide investments that support construction, non-construction, technical assistance, and revolving loan fund projects under EDA's Public Works and EAA programs. Grants and cooperative agreements made under these programs are designed to leverage existing regional assets and support the implementation of economic development strategies that advance new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities. EDA provides strategic investments on a competitive- merit-basis to support economic development, foster job creation, and attract private investment in economically distressed areas of the United States.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration (DOC-EDA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PWEAA2020|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||11.300, 11.307|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||October 18th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||October 18th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||500|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||October 22nd, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- The Economic Development Administration's (EDA's) mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for economic growth and success in the worldwide economy. EDA fulfills this mission through strategic investments and partnerships that create the regional economic ecosystems required to foster globally competitive regions throughout the United States. EDA supports development in economically distressed areas of the United States by fostering job creation and attracting private investment. Under this NOFO, EDA solicits applications from applicants in order to provide investments that support construction, non construction, planning, technical assistance, and revolving loan fund projects under EDA’s Public Works program and EAA program (which includes Assistance to Coal Communities). Grants and cooperative agreements made under these programs are designed to leverage existing regional assets and support the implementation of economic development strategies that advance new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities, including those negatively impacted by changes to the coal economy.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants for EDA financial assistance under the Public Works and EAA programs include a(n): (i) District Organization of a designated Economic Development District; (ii) Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes; (iii) State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions; (iv) institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; or (v) public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State. See Section 3 of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 (PWEDA) (42 U.S.C. § 3122) and 13 C.F.R. § 300.3. EDA is not authorized to provide grants or cooperative agreements to individuals or to for profit entities. Requests from such entities will not be considered for funding. For ACC funding, projects must be located within and targeted to communities or regions that have been impacted, or can reasonably demonstrate that they will be impacted, by coal mining or coal power plant employment loss, or employment loss in the supply chain industries of either.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- EDA Website
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact: the EDA representative for your state. A complete list of EDA representatives is available on EDA's website at http://www.eda.gov/contact/
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • FY 2019 EDA Disaster Supplemental
- • FY 2018 Economic Development Assistance Programs. Application submission and program requi...
- • FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental
- • FY 2017 Economic Development Assistance Programs Application submission and program requir...