FY11 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Cooperative Agreement Projects
The summary for the FY11 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Cooperative Agreement Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY11 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Cooperative Agreement Projects: OPA announces the anticipated availability of funds for FY 2011 and requests applications for cooperative agreement projects that will contribute either to increasing public awareness of embryo donation and/or adoption, or to providing services which facilitate embryo donation and/or adoption. The increasing success of assisted reproductive technologies (ART) has enabled some infertile couples to create embryos through in-vitro fertilization (IVF) that are then cryopreserved (frozen) for future use. If a couple becomes pregnant without using all of the stored embryos, they may choose to donate the remaining unused embryos for use by other infertile couples. Embryo donation is a relatively new process in which individuals who have extra frozen embryos agree to release the embryos for use by another woman. The recipient can be either known or anonymous to the donor(s).
|Federal Grant Title:||FY11 Announcement of the Anticipated Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Cooperative Agreement Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-EAA-11-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Public Awareness Campaigns on Embryo Adoption|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 28, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 28, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 13, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 13, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 28, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants should demonstrate previous experience with embryo donation and/or adoption and be knowledgeable in all elements of the process of embryo donation and/or adoption. Only agencies and organizations, not individuals, are eligible to apply. Eligible applicants include public agencies, non-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations. Educational institutionsincluding academic medical centers and/or their affiliated clinicsare eligible to apply for this grant. American Indian/Alaskan Native/Native American (AI/AN/NA) organizations are also eligible to apply. One agency must be identified as the applicant organization and will have legal responsibility for the project. Additional agencies and organizations can be included as co-participants, subgrantees, subcontractors, or collaborators if they will assist in providing expertise and in helping to meet the needs of the recipients. Only those organizations or agencies that demonstrate the capability of providing the proposed services and that meet the requirements of this announcement, will be considered for awards. Faith-based and community-based organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for these embryo donation and/or adoption cooperative agreement projects. Please note, however, that cooperative agreement funds may not be used for inherently religious activities, such as worship, religious instruction, and proselytization. If an organization engages in such activities, they must be offered separately in time or location from the grant program and participation must be voluntary for program beneficiaries. In providing services and outreach related to program services, a funded entity may not discriminate against current or prospective program beneficiaries on the basis of religion, a religious belief, a refusal to hold a religious belief, or a refusal to actively participate in a religious practice. Applicants should note that section 45 CFR Part 74.81 of the DHHS Uniform Administrative Requirements indicates that, except for awards under certain small business programs, no grant funds may be paid as profit to any recipient even if the recipient is a commercial organization. Profit is any amount in excess of allowable direct and indirect costs.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants.gov Customer Support [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Adoption/Donation Services and Public Awa...
- • FY17 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption...
- • FY15 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Grant Proje...
- • FY14 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Grant Proje...
- • FY13 Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Grant P...
- • 2005 Public Awareness Campaigns On Embryo Adoption
- • Embryo Adoption Public Awareness Campaign
- • Public Awareness on Embryo Adoption and/or Donation
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project