FY19-20 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
The summary for the FY19-20 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY19-20 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program, as authorized by the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000, provides matching awards of financial assistance to State, Territorial and Commonwealth resource management agencies appointed by their respective Governors to serve as the primary point of contact agencies for coral reef conservation activities in each of the jurisdictions of American Samoa, Florida, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The awards are administered as cooperative agreements to enable the collaboration and involvement of NOAA in the planning and implementation of the work. The objective of these Cooperative Agreements is to support coral reef management and monitoring programs and conservation projects that seek to improve the condition of coral reef ecosystem resources located in these seven U.S. States, Territories and Commonwealths. Funding for this program is subject to the availability of FY 2019 and future Congressional appropriations and is expected to range between approximately $3,500,000 and $4,500,000 in FY 2019. Funding made available from NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program is intended to support priority coral reef management activities as described in Section I.B. of this Federal Funding Opportunity announcement. Continued support in FY 2020 is contingent upon the availability of future funding; the recipient's ability to administer Federal funds provided by NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program; and the performance of the recipient during the initial year of the award and past awards. NOAA expects that each eligible applicant will request Federal funding at a funding level between $300,000 and $900,000 per year, depending on the existing capabilities of the applicant agency to implement the proposed work. The average annual award size is expected to be approximately $500,000 per year.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY19-20 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NOS-OCM-2019-2005750|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 26th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||July 26th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||March 16th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$900,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||July 26th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to the State, Territorial and Commonwealth natural resource management agencies that were appointed by their respective Governors to serve as the primary point of contact agencies for coral reef conservation activities in each of the jurisdictions of American Samoa, Florida, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The designated point of contact agency is considered to be the lead applicant on any proposal and is responsible for ensuring that allocated funds are used for the purposes of, and in a manner consistent with, this program, including any Federal funds awarded to an eligible sub-recipient. NOAA employees and affiliates (contract staff) are not permitted to assist in the preparation of applications or write letters of support for any application. NOAA CRCP staff is available to provide general information on programmatic goals and objectives, ongoing coral reef conservation programs/activities, and regional funding priorities. For proposals that involve collaboration with current NOAA projects or staff, NOAA employees may provide a limited statement verifying the nature and extent of the collaboration and confirming prior coordination activities. Letters of support from NOAA employees are not allowable and will not be included among the materials considered by merit reviewers. Federal agencies and employees are not allowed to receive funds under this announcement but may serve as collaborative project partners. Federal agencies and employees ‘in-kind services cannot be considered as part of an applicant's match on shared costs. If federal agencies are collaborators, applicants are expected to provide detail on the planned level of federal engagement in the application. Examples might include, but are not limited to partnership services; serving in a review capacity; or participating in priority task teams, working groups, or leadership teams.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Craig Reid
NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program
1305 East West Highway
SSMC4, 10th floor
Silver Spring, MD, 20910
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY21-22 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants
- • FY 2020-2021 Coral Reef Conservation Program Non-Governmental Organization Partnership Coo...
- • FY20-21 CRCP International Coral Reef Conservation Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- • FY19 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • Opportunity NOAA-NOS-IPO-2011-2002585
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative ...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021