Feasibility Studies for Collaborative Interaction for Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (P20)
The summary for the Feasibility Studies for Collaborative Interaction for Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (P20) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Feasibility Studies for Collaborative Interaction for Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (P20): -The National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites applications for linked awards using the NIH P20 funding mechanism and intended for feasibility studies to assist researchers and faculty at Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs) establish collaborative partnerships with the researchers and faculty of NCI-designated Cancer Centers (or other institutions with highly-organized, integrated research efforts focused on cancer). This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is designed to facilitate planning and implementation of focused collaborations in cancer-related research, training, career development, education, and/or outreach. The sole intent of the P20 partnership awards is to provide support for cancer projects and programs for limited durations of time to perform feasibility studies and obtain preliminary data that will lead to the submission of specific competitive grant applications for support by the NCI and/or other sources of peer-reviewed funding. -Eligible organizations include: Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs)(e.g., Historically Black Colleges and Universities [HBCUs], Hispanic-Serving Institutions [HSIs], and Tribal Institutions [e.g., Colleges]) either in the United States (U.S.) or in territories under U.S. jurisdiction; and institutions that are NCI-designated Cancer Centers (or groups of centers) that wish to develop comprehensive partnerships. Each partnership must include linked applications from both types of institutions. MSI and cancer center applicant institutions are required to submit linked applications and request linked awards for one joint program. The linked applications will be reviewed together and will be assigned one priority score.
|Federal Grant Title:||Feasibility Studies for Collaborative Interaction for Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (P20)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-230|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 16, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 16, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Feb 22, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 10, 2008|
|Archive Date:||May 16, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...