Fire Protection Communication System, Coos and Curry Counties, Oregon
The summary for the Fire Protection Communication System, Coos and Curry Counties, Oregon grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fire Protection Communication System, Coos and Curry Counties, Oregon: This project would upgrade the aging radio communication system in Curry County with a new simulcast narrowband broadcast system. The current system does not allow for adequate communication between the Coos Bay Unit (within Coos County) and throughout significant portions of the Gold Beach Unit (within Curry County). These areas of limited or no radio coverage are referred to as "dead areas". These "dead areas" exist because the current radio equipment in use can only transmit on one repeater at a time. Because of the vast distances across Coos and Curry Counties, there is no way to avoid these "dead areas" with out upgrading, adding, and linking repeater sites (simulcast system). These current "dead areas" cause a significant safety concern to fire fighting personnel and could affect the safety of the public as well if critical information or instructions are missed during radio transmissions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fire Protection Communication System, Coos and Curry Counties, Oregon|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OR-RFA07-0012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Aug 01, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Aug 01, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Sep 07, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$302,120|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$302,120|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This financial assistance opportunity is unrestricted. However, this opportunity is being issued under Public Law 106-393, Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act of 2000 (16 U.S.C. 500), which authorizes agreements for the protection, restoration and enhancement of fish and wildlife habitat and other resource objectives on Federal land and on non-Federal land where projects would benefit these resources on Federal land. Eligible applicants must have submitted projects through the BLM Coos Bay District Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) recommendation and approval process for the expenditure of Title II funds consistent with the Act.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamella Sterling
Phone 503-808-6221 email@example.com Fire Protection Communication System, Coos and Curry Counties, Oregon
- Similar Government Grants
- • CreateAdobeSYN
- • TEST-OPPORTUNITY
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do not submit
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do Not Submit!
- • Opportunity Notice for Partners to Assist NETL in Adapting CCSI Tool Set
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...