Forensic Science Center of Excellence Program
The summary for the Forensic Science Center of Excellence Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Forensic Science Center of Excellence Program: NIST is soliciting applications to establish a Forensic Science Center of Excellence (COE) in which NIST researchers collaborate with interdisciplinary researchers from academia and industry for the wide-spread adoption of probabilistic methods within the forensic science community, specifically in the areas of pattern evidence and digital evidence, by developing the necessary analytical methods, creating a suitable education and training infrastructure in probabilistic methods for the relevant stakeholders, and engaging the forensic science community to promote competence building.
|Federal Grant Title:||Forensic Science Center of Excellence Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Standards and Technology|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||2014-NIST-FS-COE-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Arrangements for Interdisciplinary Research Infrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 11, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 11, 2014|
|Posted Date:||August 19th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 19, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jan 10, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Accredited institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, and commercial organizations that are organized and operated in the United States and its territories. An eligible organization may work individually or include proposed subrecipients, contractors and/or unfunded collaborators in a project application, effectively forming a team or consortium. An organization may only serve as the lead organization on one application. In a team or consortium structure, eligible subrecipients are U.S. non-profit organizations, accredited institutions of higher education, commercial organizations, and State, Tribal, and local governments. Federal agencies may participate in projects but may not receive NIST funding.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- 2014-NIST-FS-COE-01 Full Announcement/FFO document
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christopher Hunton
Grants Technical Assistant
National Institute of Standards and Technology 301-975-5718
- Similar Government Grants
- • Assessment of Trusted Identities in Cyberspace State Pilot Awards
- • National Network for Manufacturing Innovation (NNMI) Institute Awards
- • National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) State Pilots Cooperative Ag...
- • Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Cooperative Agreement Program
- • National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) Privacy Pilots Cooperative ...
- • Community Resilience Center of Excellence Program
- • NIST Advanced Manufacturing Technology Consortia (AMTech) Program, Planning Awards
- • National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) Pilots Cooperative Agreemen...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- • NIST Public Safety Innovation Accelerator Program - First Responder 3D Indoor Tracking Pri...
- • Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)
- • Economic Research and Analysis of the National Need for Technology Infrastructure to Suppo...
- • Measurement Science and Engineering (MSE) Research Grant Programs
- • Enabling Federal Technology Transfer Program (EFTT)