Gender, Youth and HIV Risk (R01)
The summary for the Gender, Youth and HIV Risk (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Gender, Youth and HIV Risk (R01): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by NICHD, National Institutes of Health, solicits Research Project Grant (R01) applications from institutions/ organizations that propose to study the developmental and environmental processes contributing to HIV risk in individuals under the age of 24. It calls for studies focusing on HIV risk in specific settings around the globe where HIV prevalence is high or increasing and relevant environmental contexts are changing rapidly. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, RFA-HD-08-017, that solicits applications under the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount of funding that the agency expects to award through this announcement and the companion FOA 08-017 is $2,000,000; the anticipated number of awards is 6-8.
|Federal Grant Title:||Gender, Youth and HIV Risk (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-08-013|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 31, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 29, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Special district governments Independent school districts City or township governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) County governments State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government Faith-based or Community-based Organizations Hispanic-serving Institutions Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized) Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) Regional Organizations Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) U.S. Territory or Possession
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...