Girls Empowerment and Innovations in Youth, Reproductive Health, and Family Planning, and Service Outreach
The summary for the Girls Empowerment and Innovations in Youth, Reproductive Health, and Family Planning, and Service Outreach grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Tanzania USAID Dar es Salaam, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Girls Empowerment and Innovations in Youth, Reproductive Health, and Family Planning, and Service Outreach: USAID/Tanzania recognizes the importance of a country-led platform to foster an enabling environment for sustainable impact. The goal of this APS is to support the conditions that will enable girls and women to achieve positive social and economic outcomes. This will be achieved through four focus areas that support systemic cross-cutting approaches and strengthen catalytic change agents. These four focus areas comprise the different application categories of this APS solicitation: (1) Adolescent, youth and girls' empowerment; (2) Innovations in reproductive health and family planning; (3) Outreach services to increase access to and use of family planning services; and (4) Capacity building for networks, coalitions, and advocacy groups supporting youth, girls' and women's empowerment.This is a final APS.
|Federal Grant Title:||Girls Empowerment and Innovations in Youth, Reproductive Health, and Family Planning, and Service Outreach|
|Federal Agency Name:||Tanzania USAID Dar es Salaam|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAID-TANZANIA-11-007-APS|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 31, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 31, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Aug 24, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Sep 26, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 30, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$23,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$14,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Locally registered Tanzanian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).CSOs include a wide range of non-state actors, such as non-government organizations (NGOs) including any non-profit or voluntary organizations, print and broadcast media, religious groups, labor unions, academic institutions, consulting firms and for-profit private companies.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Samuel Kiranga Grantor Phone 2668503
Acquisition and Assistance Specialist [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Tanzania USAID Dar es Salaam
- • Request for Information - USAID/Tanzania Community Social Welfare System Strengthening Pro...
- • Resilient Natural Resources Governance
- • Sustainable Access for Expanded Voluntary Medical Male circumcision (VMMC) Services (SAFE)
- • Women's Empowerment Activity
- • Tanzania Improved Nutrition for Better Life