Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Research Grant Program
The summary for the Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Research Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Research Grant Program: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing the availability of funds under this grant program to assist Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in conducting health services and health disparities research for 2013. The purpose of the grant program is to support researchers in implementing health services research activities to meet the needs of diverse CMS beneficiary populations. The goals of the grant program are to: 1) encourage HBCU health services researchers to pursue research issues which impact the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), 2) assist CMS in implementing its mission focusing on health care quality and improvement for its beneficiaries, 3) assist HBCU researchers by supporting extramural research in health care capacity development activities for the African American communities, 4) increase the pool of HBCU researchers capable of implementing the research, demons tration, and evaluation activities of CMS, 5) promote research that will be aimed at developing a better understanding of health care services pertaining to African Americans, and 6) assist in fostering inter-university communication and collaboration regarding African American health disparity issues.
|Federal Grant Title:||Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Research Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CMS-1I0-13-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Research, Demonstrations and Evaluations|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jun 07, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 07, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Aug 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An HBCU must meet one of the following three requirements in order to qualify for funding under this grant program: 1) Offer a Ph.D. or Master?s Degree Program in one or more of the following disciplines: ? Allied Health ? Gerontology ? Health Care Administration ? Nursing ? Pharmacology ? Public Health ? Social Work; or 2) Have a School of Medicine; or 3) Be a member of the National HBCU Network for Health Services and Health Disparities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726 Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants.gov Customer Support [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medicare Model Guidelines, Version 8
- • Minority Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Real Choice Systems Change Grant Building Sustainable Partnerships for Housing
- • SHIP 2004 Supplemental Long Term Care Grants
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- • Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative
- • Support for Demonstration Ombudsman Programs Serving Beneficiaries of Financial Alignment ...
- • Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two
- • Nationwide Program for National and State Background Checks for Direct Patient Access Empl...