Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) to Assist Protection and Advocacy Systems (P & As) to Establish or Improve Voting Access for Individuals with Disabilities
The summary for the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) to Assist Protection and Advocacy Systems (P & As) to Establish or Improve Voting Access for Individuals with Disabilities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) to Assist Protection and Advocacy Systems (P & As) to Establish or Improve Voting Access for Individuals with Disabilities: The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) in the Administration for Community Living (ACL), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), announces the availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 funds authorized under the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002, Pub. Law 107-252, Title II, Subtitle D, Part 5, section 291 (42 U.S.C § 15461). Provisions under this section provide for the award of grants for Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) to assist Protection and Advocacy Systems (P&As) in:Promoting full participation in the electoral process for individuals with disabilities, including registering to vote, casting a vote, and accessing polling places; andProviding T/TA for non-visual access. (At least one recipient must provide T/TA assistance in this area.)In addition, the funds may be used to assist P&As in:Developing proficiency in the use of voting systems and technologies as they affect individuals with disabilities; andDemonstrating and evaluating the use of such systems and technologies by individuals with disabilities (including blindness) in order to assess the availability and use of such systems and technologies for such individuals.The successful applicants will provide T/TA to the 55 P&As via the following approaches:1) Develop and utilize innovative strategies to exchange and transfer knowledge among the 55 P&As;2) Explore with the P&As ways to fully include individuals with disabilities in the voting process, thus ensuring the meaningful involvement of, and input from, the P&As and individuals with disabilities;3) Develop a method to provide on-going T/TA to the P&As that will be essential in supporting them to meet the requirements of the HAVA statute; and4) Disseminate information to the P&As that will strengthen the work completed relating to voting efforts with individuals with disabilities.Applicants must describe their organizational capability, including how they will manage the T/TA efforts, and document their experience in voting issues for individuals with disabilities. Each applicant should ensure that key project personnel have the professional background appropriate to fill the position, including knowledge of the disability community to offer T/TA to the P&As. Each applicant is asked to conduct a discussion on barriers and opportunities relating to voting and the disability community.
|Federal Grant Title:||Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) to Assist Protection and Advocacy Systems (P & As) to Establish or Improve Voting Access for Individuals with Disabilities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-ACL-AIDD-DH-0062|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Voting Access for Individuals with Disabilities-Grants for Protection and Advocacy Systems|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jul 15, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jul 15, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Sep 16, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$347,288|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$347,288|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$90,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are public and private nonprofit entities (42. U.S.C. 15461). An entity is eligible to receive funds if the entity (A) is a public or private nonprofit entity with demonstrated experience in voting issues for individuals with disabilities; (B) is governed by a board with respect to which the majority of its members are individuals with disabilities or family members of such individuals or individuals who are blind; and (C) submits to the Secretary an application at such time, in such manner, and containing such information as the Secretary may require. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melvenia Wright Melvenia.Wright@acl.hhs.gov Grants Policy [Melvenia.Wright@acl.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Help America Vote Act (HAVA)
- • Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) to Assist Protection...
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program