Hospital-based birth defects surveillance in Kampala, Uganda
The summary for the Hospital-based birth defects surveillance in Kampala, Uganda grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hospital-based birth defects surveillance in Kampala, Uganda: The purpose of this project is to: 1) continue a birth defects surveillance system implemented under award #1U01GH000487 in four main hospitals in Kampala, Uganda focusing on major external structural birth defects; and 2) conduct a nested case-control study concurrently with the surveillance to determine if maternal use of cotrimoxazole or ARTs during very early pregnancy is associated with a higher risk of birth defects in newborns. Results from this study will provide background rates of birth defects in Kampala and provide baseline estimates of maternal medication use to treat HIV/AIDS in pregnancy and the prevalence of major external birth defects.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hospital-based birth defects surveillance in Kampala, Uganda|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GH-16-008|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 4th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 4th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||March 2nd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||March 2nd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||June 3rd, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 3rd, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7am – 4:30pm U.S. Eastern Time
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...