Human Islet Distribution Coordinating Center (UC4)
The summary for the Human Islet Distribution Coordinating Center (UC4) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Human Islet Distribution Coordinating Center (UC4): This FOA invites applications for continuation of a coordinating center for the Integrated Islet Distribution Program (IIDP). The IIDP facilitates the distribution of human cadaveric islets for biomedical research. The IIDP coordinating center (IIDP-CC) will subcontract with qualified islet isolation facilities to prepare and distribute human islets, and will manage an application process to establish investigator eligibility to receive islets. The IIDP-CC will maintain a roster of researchers approved to receive islets, implement a notification system informing investigators of islet availability, manage a cost recovery system through fees collected from islet recipients, and oversee quality control processes to monitor and improve the quality of islets distributed across the program. Human islets are an essential resource for diabetes research, both to advance our understanding of human islet cell biology and to develop therapies for the treatment of diabetes. The IIDP coordinating center provides critical services to the research community by enhancing access to human islets and by fostering improved standardization and quality of this important research resource.
|Federal Grant Title:||Human Islet Distribution Coordinating Center (UC4)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-16-023|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||320531, 320573|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 22, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 22, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Mar 31, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Dec 23, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments
Special district governments
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...