Human Resources for Health (HRH) to Achieve and Sustain HIV/TB Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Human Resources for Health (HRH) to Achieve and Sustain HIV/TB Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Human Resources for Health (HRH) to Achieve and Sustain HIV/TB Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $5,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.Malawi continues to have a shortage of highly skilled health care personnel to support national efforts to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control. This NOFO will provide highly skilled technical assistance to the Government of Malawi (GOM), in support of PEPFAR’s goals of achieving and maintaining epidemic control. Under this NOFO, Technical Advisors (TAs) will be recruited by the recipient and seconded primarily to the Ministry of Health (MOH) as well as a few other key government and local institutions and paired with MOH staff. The TAs’ scope will transition to government counterparts over the life of the award. The TAs will support the national program to monitor HIV epidemic control, ensure HIV service quality, and respond to HIV outbreaks following the achievement of epidemic control; monitor the tuberculosis (TB) and multidrug-resistant-TB epidemic to achieve TB epidemic control; provide evidence-based guidance and technical input on guidelines, standard operating procedures, and innovations to the HIV/TB program to sustain epidemic control, share experiences, and introduce efficiencies to the program; and ensure HIV/TB commodity availability to maintain epidemic control. TAs seconded to the Public Health Institute of Malawi (PHIM) will support the training of health care workers in field epidemiology. In addition, this award will monitor other CDC/PEPFAR HRH investments at the site level to demonstrate and disseminate impact on improved HIV/TB services.
|Federal Grant Title:||Human Resources for Health (HRH) to Achieve and Sustain HIV/TB Epidemic Control in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2053|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 19th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 19th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 19th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 19th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 20th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 21st, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Randolph Williams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...