Huntington Cleveland Salinity Reduction Project
The summary for the Huntington Cleveland Salinity Reduction Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Huntington Cleveland Salinity Reduction Project: This is a Notice of Intent to Award to Huntington Cleveland Irrigation Company. Reclamation awarded agreement 04-FC-40-2242 in 2004 to Huntington Cleveland Irrigation Company (HCIC) to replace approximately 350 miles of existing earthen canals and laterals with a pressurized pipeline distribution system in the Northern Emery County in and around the towns of Huntington, Lawrence, Cleveland, and Elmo, Utah. This project, when fully completed, will reduce the salt loading to the Colorado River system by 59,000 tons annually. Due to unforeseen events and weather conditions the duration of the project has extended beyond what was originally envisioned. As a result Reclamation is issuing a follow-on agreement to complete the remaining unfinished work associated with the original agreement 04-FC-40-2242. Although the project is substantially complete, Reclamation is committed to help fund the approximate last 5% of the project. The anticipated completion date for this project is March 2014. If the project is not completed the anticipated salt load reductions to the Colorado River System will not be realized and the completed portions of the pressurized distribution system will not operate as designed. As a result many individual users in the project area will not have working "on-farm" salinity control measures. HCIC has already completed the designs, engineering, and planning required for the project. In addition, HCIC represents the land owners within the project area, and is the manager and operator of the distribution system, providing it unique access and knowledge of the project areas and requirements necessary for the successful completion of the distribution system.
|Federal Grant Title:||Huntington Cleveland Salinity Reduction Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R13SS40014|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Colorado River Basin Salinity Control Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 22, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Mar 30, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,109,913|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,109,913|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,109,913|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Carla Pickering Grant Management Specialist Phone 801 524-3716
e-mail address [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • GJO Horsethief Canyon SWA Grant Renewal (HCSWA)
- • Basinwide & Basin States Salinity Control Programs
- • Paradox Valley Unit Brine Reduction Demonstration Testing
- • Salinity Control Projects, State of Colorado
- • Colorado River Basinwide Salinity Control Program
- • Washington County Water Supply Study
- • Salt Loading Studies
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region
- • Hopi Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon D...
- • Long Term Experimental and Management Plan (LTEMP) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Pa...
- • Analysis of Potential San Juan Ecosystem Restoration Sites and Hazardous Material Threats
- • Paiute Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon...
- • Design, Construction and Construction Oversight for the Reaches 24.1, 25 and 26 of the Nav...