Immunity in Neonates and Infants (U01)
The summary for the Immunity in Neonates and Infants (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Immunity in Neonates and Infants (U01): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites applications from institutions and organizations to participate in a cooperative research group, focusing on elucidating mechanisms regulating the development and function of the immune system in neonates (0-28 days) and infants (29 days 12 months), including immune mechanisms triggered by non-pathogenic or pathogenic microbes (including HIV), vaccines, exposure to allergens, or alterations in immune function due to environmental exposures to pollutants. The purpose of this FOA is to advance current knowledge of the developing immune system during the first year of life and to encourage innovative approaches to more fully understand the distinct characteristics of neonatal/infant immune responses. Better understanding of infant and neonatal immune development has the potential to improve public health by providing a foundation for guiding the maturation of a healthy (protective) immune system and reducing the development of immune-mediated disorders, reducing susceptibility to infections and allergens, and improving immune responses to vaccines in these vulnerable populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Immunity in Neonates and Infants (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-16-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||319488, 319492, 319490, 319491, 319489|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health; NIH Office of Research on Women's Health; Allergy and Infectious Diseases Research; Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research; Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Mar 7, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Mar 7, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 29, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,000,500|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Private institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
City or township governments
Independent school districts
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...