Implementation Science for the Prevention and Treatment of Mental and/or Substance use Disorders in Low- and Middle-income Countries (U01)
The summary for the Implementation Science for the Prevention and Treatment of Mental and/or Substance use Disorders in Low- and Middle-income Countries (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Implementation Science for the Prevention and Treatment of Mental and/or Substance use Disorders in Low- and Middle-income Countries (U01): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits grant applications to address implementation research questions facing World Bank designated low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and previously designated LMICs re-categorized as high income on or after January 1, 2011, in their efforts to deliver sustainable, evidence-based interventions for the prevention, early intervention, and treatment of mental and/or substance use disorders in women, men, and children. Each awarded project is to conduct implementation research in one of six geographical regions (i.e., East Asia and the Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and the Caribbean; Middle East and North Africa; South Asia; Sub-Saharan Africa). As a group, awardees will constitute a network for mental and behavioral health implementation research in low-resource settings with capabilities for answering research questions about delivering interventions, sustaining high-quality care in resource-limited settings, and fostering evidence-based policy and program development for preventing and/or treating mental and/or substance use disorders. This program is not intended to support research that can be conducted primarily in and/or by the United States or other high-income country institutions that do not meet eligibility criteria.
|Federal Grant Title:||Implementation Science for the Prevention and Treatment of Mental and/or Substance use Disorders in Low- and Middle-income Countries (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-MH-17-650|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.242, 93.279|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 7th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 7th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||December 23rd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||December 23rd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 8th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$425,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 23rd, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); See Funding Opportunity for eligibility details
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...