Implementation of Strategic Plans for Billing for Immunization Services in Health Department Clinics
The summary for the Implementation of Strategic Plans for Billing for Immunization Services in Health Department Clinics grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Implementation of Strategic Plans for Billing for Immunization Services in Health Department Clinics: The purpose of this cooperative agreement is to enable public health departments to bill health insurance plans, with the intent of capturing immunization service delivery fees. This funding opportunity announcement will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of immunization programs through continuance of current insurance billing projects, or to implement new projects for public health department insurance billing. Many aspects of this FOA continue or build upon activities that were previously funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and/or the Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF) of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This cooperative agreement provides two options that applicants can select for development and action. Those two options are (1) planned but not yet implemented a billing project; or (2) want to build a new billing project. Applicants may apply based on the eligibility criteria outlined in Part II, Section c. Eligibility Information. The criteria may vary depending on the stage of any awardees current or proposed billing processes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Implementation of Strategic Plans for Billing for Immunization Services in Health Department Clinics|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-IP14-1411|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Immunization Cooperative Agreements|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 8, 2014 1.Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: n/|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 8, 2014 1.Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: n/|
|Posted Date:||Jul 9, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jul 9, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Sep 7, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All awardees are eligible except for those who received funding under CDC-RFA-IP11-1107PPHF11 Part 4 - Implement strategic plans for billing for immunization services in health department clinics.
Justification for Less than Maximum Competition:
CDC previously awarded funds under CDC-RFA-IP11-1107PPHF11 to 14 immunization program awardees for the purpose of implementing billing systems to bill for immunization services rendered to insured individuals in local health departments.
Under that same FOA, an additional 7 awardees were funded simultaneously to conduct planning that would allow them to also bill for immunization services. These 7 awardees have not implemented those plans as yet due to lack of funding. Also, 3 awardees were awarded funding with ARRA funds in 2009 but have not yet implemented.
As a result of over three years of experience now in planning and implementing billing systems, the initial 14 implementation awardees have demonstrated that billing systems are a very expensive public health intervention to develop and use, however, after the initial investment is made, billing projects are considered to be a very effective management tool.
- Grant Announcement Contact
Procurement and Grants Office (PGO)
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
TECHNICAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SECTION (TIMS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Immunization and Vaccines for Children
- • Improving Standard Immunization Practices Among Pharmacists and Other Healthcare Providers
- • PPHF17: Immunization Grants - Immunization Information Systems (IIS) Sentinel Site Project...
- • PPHF 2017: Immunization Grants - Immunization and Vaccines for Children Program - Financed...
- • Childhood Immunization Support Project
- • Immunization and Vaccines for Children
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2