Implementation of Sustainable Laboratory Quality Systems for HIV/TB Epidemic Control in the Republic of Kenya under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Implementation of Sustainable Laboratory Quality Systems for HIV/TB Epidemic Control in the Republic of Kenya under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Implementation of Sustainable Laboratory Quality Systems for HIV/TB Epidemic Control in the Republic of Kenya under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $5,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. The recipient will provide technical assistance (TA) to the Kenya Ministry of Health (MOH) Division of National Public Health Laboratories (NPHL) National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS), and relevant county Health departments to strengthen HIV/TB laboratory systems and the provision of safe and adequate blood supplies to over 3,000 public health facilities offering antiretroviral therapy (ART) services and the HIV/TB national referral laboratories. The objective is for TB/HIV-related diagnostics to achieve the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals and epidemic control, as well as a sufficient blood supply free of transfusion transmissible infections. Over 7 million rapid HIV tests, 100,000 Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) tests, 254,000 Gene Xpert tests, and 1.3 million viral load (VL) tests are conducted annually. TA will ensure optimal access to quality laboratory services, instill principles of laboratory continuous quality improvement (LCQI), external quality assurance (EQA) programs, laboratory-clinical interfaces, a laboratory equipment maintenance systems, technical support for blood safety, biosafety and infection control, commodity supply chain, monitoring, evaluation and use of data for decision making, and competent leadership and management for timely access to HIV/TB-related diagnostics. This NOFO will build on CDC’s previous work under CDC-RFA-GH15-1544. Efforts will focus on sustainable approaches.
|Federal Grant Title:||Implementation of Sustainable Laboratory Quality Systems for HIV/TB Epidemic Control in the Republic of Kenya under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2039|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 28th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 28th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||November 26th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||November 26th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||February 27th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 4th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...