Implementing and evaluating response actions for red swamp crayfish in Michigan
The summary for the Implementing and evaluating response actions for red swamp crayfish in Michigan grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Implementing and evaluating response actions for red swamp crayfish in Michigan: This award will be used to determine the extent of red swamp crayfish infestations in Michigan, implement and evaluate an early detection monitoring strategy for red swamp crayfish in high risk areas in Michigan, and evaluate control measures to increase the effectiveness of response efforts. This is a notice of intent to award a single source grant to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources without competition under justification 505DM 2.14.B.1, 4, and 5 in. Competition for the award is not practical as this award is the result of an unsolicited proposal from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources to attempt unique and innovative control efforts that are not part of a current or planned contract or assistance award. The applicant is also uniquely qualified to perform this work given their management responsibility for aquatic invasive species in the State of Michigan, including developing and implementing the Red Swamp Crayfish response plan that identifies the need for the actions in this project. There is also compelling and unusual urgency that would limit our ability to follow adequate competitive procedures. There is an imminent threat of population expansion from locations currently infested with red swamp crayfish. The goal of the project is to eradicate, or at least control, populations before this spread occurs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Implementing and evaluating response actions for red swamp crayfish in Michigan|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00079|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 15th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 15th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 8th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 8th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||February 16th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 8th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- There is not an application process for this funding opportunity. This is a notice of intent to award a single source grant to the Michigan DNR under justification 505DM 2.14.B, 1, 4 and 5.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Fish Biologist Rob Simmonds 612-713-5114
R3 AIS Program
- Similar Government Grants
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Grants to Great Lakes Tribes - Fiscal Year 2023 Great Lakes Resto...
- • F23AS00165-Aquatic Invasive Species Interjurisdictional Grants to the Great Lakes States a...
- • F23AS00163 - Aquatic Invasive Species Grants to Great Lakes States - Fiscal Year 2023 Grea...
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Grants to Great Lakes States - Fiscal Year 2022 Great Lakes Resto...
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Interjurisdictional Grants to the Great Lakes States and Tribes -...
- • Opportunity FWS-JVGLRI-2011
- • Great Lakes Wind Power-Making it Wildlife-Friendly
- • GLRI Endangered Species Program
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research