Improving Diet and Physical Activity Assessment (R01)
The summary for the Improving Diet and Physical Activity Assessment (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Diet and Physical Activity Assessment (R01): -Purpose. Diet and physical activity are lifestyle and behavioral factors that play a role in the etiology and prevention of many chronic diseases such as cancer and coronary heart disease. Both also play roles in preventing overweight/obesity and in maintaining weight loss. Therefore, diet and physical activity are assessed for both surveillance and epidemiologic/clinical research purposes. The measurement of usual dietary intake or physical activity over varying time periods or in the past, by necessity, has relied on self-report instruments. Such subjective reporting instruments are cognitively difficult for respondents, and are prone to considerable measurement errors that may vary among population subgroups and depend on the time frame considered and the characteristics of the respondents. -The National Cancer Institute (NCI), the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), the National Institute on Aging (NIA), the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of the Director (OD) Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS), are interested in promoting innovative research to enhance the quality of measurements of dietary intake and physical activity. Applications submitted under this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) may include development of: novel assessment approaches and/or better methods to evaluate instruments assessment tools for culturally diverse populations across various age groups including older adults; improved technologies and/or applications of existing technologies; and/or statistical methods to assess or correct for measurement errors or biases. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PAR-06-103, that solicits applications under the Exploratory/Developmental Grant (R21) award mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Diet and Physical Activity Assessment (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Food and Nutrition Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-259|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants 93.361 Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Dec 21, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 21, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.399 -- Cancer Control|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts Small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) City or township governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...