Improving HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Outcomes Among Faith Communities in Zambia by Implementing Critical Prevention Interventions for HIV Risk Reduction, Case Finding, and Linkage to Care and Treatment for Epidemic Control under PEPFAR
The summary for the Improving HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Outcomes Among Faith Communities in Zambia by Implementing Critical Prevention Interventions for HIV Risk Reduction, Case Finding, and Linkage to Care and Treatment for Epidemic Control under PEPFAR grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Outcomes Among Faith Communities in Zambia by Implementing Critical Prevention Interventions for HIV Risk Reduction, Case Finding, and Linkage to Care and Treatment for Epidemic Control under PEPFAR: The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $7,500,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Zambia has made strides in its fight against the HIV epidemic. Although HIV incidence has fallen by 24% since 2010, certain groups have been left behind, including men and adolescents. Evidence suggests that these populations may choose to seek services in a range of organizations that are not traditional health-care settings, including faith-based organizations (FBOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), which may have better capacity to reach these groups. In Zambia, about 90% of the population professes alignment with settings such as the Church. The goal of this NOFO is to improve HIV prevention, care, and treatment outcomes in faith communities by engaging faith communities in settings that may be more accessible to them to provide prevention interventions to improve awareness of HIV and improve linkage to care and treatment. The scope of this NOFO is to reach faith communities and leaders within these communities because positive changes in their knowledge and attitudes to HIV will in turn influence changes in faith communities and improve health outcomes. It will also target primary prevention of sexual violence and HIV among 9-14 year old adolescents by focusing on evidence-based activities that prevent sexual violence and any form of coercive, non-consensual, or forced sex; prevention of early sexual debut; and helping communities and families to provide an environment that improves violence and sexual risk reduction, and helps link victims to the justice system.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Outcomes Among Faith Communities in Zambia by Implementing Critical Prevention Interventions for HIV Risk Reduction, Case Finding, and Linkage to Care and Treatment for Epidemic Control under PEPFAR|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2076|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 19th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 19th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 19th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 19th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 20th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 15th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...