Improving Implementation of Programs for Care & Treatment of HIV/AIDS in the Republic of Mozambique under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Improving Implementation of Programs for Care & Treatment of HIV/AIDS in the Republic of Mozambique under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Implementation of Programs for Care & Treatment of HIV/AIDS in the Republic of Mozambique under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): Under the leadership of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, as part of the President's Emergency Plan, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (HHS/CDC) works with host countries and other key partners to assess the needs of each country and design a customized program of assistance that fits within the host nation's strategic plan and partnership framework.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Implementation of Programs for Care & Treatment of HIV/AIDS in the Republic of Mozambique under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH12-1225|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 23, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 16, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 10, 2012|
|Creation Date:||May 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 22, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Nampula Provincial Health Directorates (DPS); Zambezia DPS; Gaza DPS; Inhambane DPS; and DPS of Maputo City Under PEPFAR legislation, HHS/CDC is authorized to transition leadership of programs and services (including ART services) to local ownership, with the ultimate aim of full transition of all appropriate activities to the Ministries of Health and other governmental entities that have the jurisdictional authority to directly finance and perform these programs and services. The Provincial Health Directorates in Mozambique are government organizations established by law and are mandated to plan, manage, administer and coordinate all health related activities including HIV/AIDS activities in their respective regions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurements and Grants Office (PGO)Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2