Improving Prevention, Treatment, and Care Services for HIV, TB, and Other Infectious Diseases in Target Populations in the Dominican Republic under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Improving Prevention, Treatment, and Care Services for HIV, TB, and Other Infectious Diseases in Target Populations in the Dominican Republic under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Prevention, Treatment, and Care Services for HIV, TB, and Other Infectious Diseases in Target Populations in the Dominican Republic under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $7,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.The following Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) seeks to build upon and enhance activities to achieve the goal of HIV epidemic control in the target population of individuals of Haitian descent (IHD) in the Dominican Republic (DR) through implementing the best and most appropriate interventions across the treatment cascade. In support of the 95-95-95 goals in high burden geographical areas, activities under this NOFO will include the implementation of key strategies for improving comprehensive services to reach, test, treat, and retain hard-to-reach populations. The key components to an effective response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in target populations are: 1) Innovative and easily accessible testing; 2) Linkage to care; 3) High quality and time-efficient clinical and care services; and 4) Strong science-based interventions to retain individuals in treatment and care.Recipient(s) will be expected to provide innovative and well-targeted strategies across the HIV clinical cascade to reach epidemic control in target populations in four provinces (Distrito Nacional, Santo Domingo, Santiago, and La Altagracia), with the possibility of later expansion to other populations and geographic areas depending on epidemic need and PEPFAR prioritization. This project is collaborative by nature and will require collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), National Health Services (SNS), Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs), and Community-based Organizations (CBOs), among others.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Prevention, Treatment, and Care Services for HIV, TB, and Other Infectious Diseases in Target Populations in the Dominican Republic under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2020|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 28th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 28th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||November 26th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||November 26th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||February 26th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$7,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 26th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Randolph B. Williams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...