Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $10,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Since 2004, CDC, funded by PEPFAR, has supported the Malawi Ministry of Health (MOH) in building sustainable point of care (POC) Electronic Medical Records system (EMR), retrospective data capture solutions, and other health information systems (HIS) to support provision of quality antiretroviral therapy (ART) services. The POC EMR offers functionality to ensure that providers have access to real time information and reminders to aid clinical decisions for improved patient care, and, with the retrospective data capture solution, that program managers at all levels have the information necessary to guide decisions about program priorities. Further, work to integrate these systems allows information to be collected once and available system wide. In the coming years, priority will be given to sustaining and improving on these investments by expanding EMR integration to other health related systems, maintaining and modernizing existing site-level electronic systems, improving connectivity to ensure an efficient and reliable system for providing high quality data, and facilitating real or near-real time access to and availability of data at all levels by maintaining and enhancing existing electronic systems for data centralization and consolidation. This NOFO will also ensure that software and hardware support is responsive to user needs and quickly resolves identified issues to make certain the system is well-functioning and meets all facility and program demands.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2081|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 24th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 24th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||February 24th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||February 24th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||May 24th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 17th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Achieving Undetectable=Untransmittable in India through Quality Laboratory Testing, Workfo...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...