Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth
The summary for the Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth: CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a request for application announcement entitled, Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth. $4,400,000 [this amount is an estimate, and subject to the availability of funds] will be available in fiscal year 2005 to fund approximately six awards. The purpose of this RFA is to support research that will expand the preliminary findings of a five year research project, SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth, and enhance our understanding of the natural history, complications, and risk factors of diabetes mellitus with onset in childhood and adolescence. This program addresses the Healthy People 2010 focus area of Diabetes. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/grantmain.htm. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2005.
|Federal Grant Title:||Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP05069|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Assistance Programs for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 24, 2005 Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: May|
|Posted Date:||May 27, 2005|
|Creation Date:||May 27, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Jul 24, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$650,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Research Institutions Hospitals Community-based organizations Faith-based organizations
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Public Health Approaches to Addressing Arthritis
- • Etiology and Outcome of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- • Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk
- • Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Tobacco Use, Heart Disease, and ass...
- • State Public Health Approaches to Improving Arthritis Outcomes
- • Health Promotion and Diabetes Prevention Projects for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN...
- • National Program To Promote Diabetes Education Strategies in Minority Communities: The Nat...
- • National Health Organization Strategies to Provide Information and Education for Cancer Su...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2