Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology Initiative (STTR [R41/R42])
The summary for the Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology Initiative (STTR [R41/R42]) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology Initiative (STTR [R41/R42]): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant applications from small business concerns (SBCs) that propose innovative research in biomedical computational science and technology to promote the progress of biomedical research. There exists an expanding need to speed the progress of biomedical research through the power of computing to manage and analyze data and to model biological processes. The NIH is interested in promoting research and developments in biomedical computational science and technology that will support rapid progress in areas of scientific opportunity in biomedical research. As defined here biomedical computing or biomedical information science and technology includes, database design, graphical interfaces, querying approaches, data retrieval, data visualization and manipulation, data integration through the development of integrated analytical tools, and tools for electronic collaboration, as well as computational research including the development of structural, functional, integrative, and analytical models and simulations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology Initiative (STTR [R41/R42])|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Environment Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-06-534|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Applied Toxicological Research and Testing 93.172 Human Genome Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 25, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Aug 23, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 23, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Oct 25, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.173 -- Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. In STTR Phase I and Phase II, at least 40% of the work must be performed by the small business concern and at least 30% of the work must be performed by the single, partnering research institution. The basis for determining the percentage of work to be performed by each of the cooperative parties will be the total of direct and F and A/indirect costs attributable to each party, unless otherwise described and justified in Item 12, Consortium/Contractual Arrangements, of the PHS398 Research Plan component of the SF424 (R and R) application forms.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...