Integrated University Program (IUP) Nuclear Engineering Consortium for Nonproliferation
The summary for the Integrated University Program (IUP) Nuclear Engineering Consortium for Nonproliferation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NNSA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrated University Program (IUP) Nuclear Engineering Consortium for Nonproliferation: Section 313 of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009 (H.R. 1105, P.L. 111-8) created the Integrated University Program (IUP). DNN R&D is one of the three participants in this program and is continuing a nuclear science and engineering program to support multi-year research projects critical to maintaining the discipline of nuclear science and engineering. Throughout this document the term, DOE National Laboratories, is used to collectively refer to DOE and NNSA National Laboratories, Sites, and Complexes. For DNN R&D, the role of Institutions of Higher Education (IHE; as defined in Section III.A. below) is to innovate, develop, and prove some of the most challenging basic aspects of new technology and methods in coordination with the DOE National Laboratories which can in turn fulfill their unique role to perform mission-specific research and development that improves on capabilities until they are either adopted by operational enterprises or transitioned into private industry for commercialization. Transparently and effectively linking the roles of these IHE and DOE National Laboratory represents the core of how DNN R&D proposes to meet its objectives. The intent of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to award ONE or TWO five-year cooperative agreement(s) to a consortium consisting of accredited IHE’s to allow them to receive and administer funds for student and faculty research, fellowships, and scholarship funding awarded by DOE/NNSA, DNN R&D. The cooperative agreement will be awarded to a consortium of IHEs which will include the participation of DOE National Laboratories as a consortium-member(s). Individual consortium-member IHEs shall make specific contributions and shall receive specified portions of the funding. The consortium may include student and research fellows and must have a long-term objective of building expertise in nuclear science and engineering. Research results should be incorporated readily into IHE curricula. Students, faculty, and researchers must be able to work unencumbered while moving across organizational and bureaucratic boundaries of the academic and governmental facilities engaged in the consortium, while properly protecting critical information and materials. The consortium should establish reciprocal arrangements between the lead IHE and other IHEs as well as relationships with appropriate DOE National Laboratories.
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrated University Program (IUP) Nuclear Engineering Consortium for Nonproliferation|
|Federal Agency Name:||NNSA (DOE-NNSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FOA-0002264|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 29th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 29th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 29th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 29th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 28th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 1st, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Delmeria Pacheco
- Similar Government Grants
- • Technology for Demonstration and Commercial-Scale Production of a Reliable, Domestic Suppl...
- • Integrated University Program (IUP): Enabling Technologies and Innovation (ETI) & Monitori...
- • Nonproliferation & Arms Control Program Studies, Training, & Outreach
- • Development of Nuclear Expertise Across National Nuclear Security Administration
- • Nuclear Science and Engineering Nonproliferation Research Consortium
- • Energy Density and Laser-Matter Interaction Studies
- • Nuclear and Radiological National Security Program
- • 52.2004Na25154
- More Grants from the NNSA
- • Commercial Domestic Production of Moly-99 without the Use of Highly Enriched Uranium
- • Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Program
- • Stewardship Science Academic Alliances (SSAA) Program
- • Management of Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (SSGF) and Laboratory Residency Grad...
- • Predictive Science Academic Alliance Program III (PSAAP III)