Integrative Systems Biology Approaches to Auditory Hair Cell Regeneration (R21)
The summary for the Integrative Systems Biology Approaches to Auditory Hair Cell Regeneration (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrative Systems Biology Approaches to Auditory Hair Cell Regeneration (R21): -Purpose. The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) invites grant applications using comprehensive systems biology approaches intended to restore lost auditory hair cells and their sensory function following damage to the inner ear from a variety of factors including disease, aminoglycosides, noise, and aging. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-08-177, that solicits applications under the R01. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon application numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrative Systems Biology Approaches to Auditory Hair Cell Regeneration (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-176|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 18, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 18, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Small businesses City or township governments State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Special district governments Independent school districts County governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • BRAIN Initiative Fellows: Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Indiv...
- • Otolaryngology Residency Mentored Research Pathway (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Pilot resources for brain cell type-specific access and manipulation acr...
- • Assay development and screening for discovery of chemical probes, drugs or immunomodulator...
- • SBIR/STTR Commercialization Readiness Pilot (CRP) Program Technical Assistance and Late St...
- • NIDCD Patient-Oriented Research Grant (R21)
- • Cell Lineage and Developmental Studies in Hearing and Balance
- • Structural Analyses of the Ligand-Binding Properties of Taste and Smell Receptors
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...