International Research in Infectious Diseases including AIDS (IRIDA) Program (R01)
The summary for the International Research in Infectious Diseases including AIDS (IRIDA) Program (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
International Research in Infectious Diseases including AIDS (IRIDA) Program (R01): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) issued by the NIAID solicits Research Grant (R01) applications from organizations/institutions in eligible foreign countries that propose research related to infectious diseases that are of interest to that country.-Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism. Collaborative projects involving investigators and institutions from international sites and the U.S. are encouraged but not required.-Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NIAID intends to commit approximately $800,000 annually to fund up to 10 new grants. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. Budgets for direct costs of up to $100,000 per year and a project duration of up to four years may be requested for a maximum of $400,000 direct costs over a four-year project period.
|Federal Grant Title:||International Research in Infectious Diseases including AIDS (IRIDA) Program (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-130|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research 93.856 Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 16, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jan 06, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jan 07, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments Special district governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government Faith-based or Community-based Organizations Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) Regional Organizations
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...