Investigational Nutrigenetic Studies for Cancer Prevention (R01)
The summary for the Investigational Nutrigenetic Studies for Cancer Prevention (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Investigational Nutrigenetic Studies for Cancer Prevention (R01): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), and the Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS), all of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), solicits applications for research projects that can combine information on individual genetic variations from the Human Genome and International HapMap Projects to stimulate small pilot dietary intervention studies. The overarching goal is to examine whether genetic variants can predict individual response to dietary components that alter cancer processes and modify individual susceptibly to cancer. These studies will allow for personalization of cancer preventive dietary strategies to reduce cancer risk in genetically susceptible individuals. Associational and non-interventional epidemiologic-focused studies will not be supported in conjunction with this FOA. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA uses the NIH Research Project R01 Grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-08-221, that solicits applications under the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) Grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Investigational Nutrigenetic Studies for Cancer Prevention (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-220|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research 93.393 Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 30, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jul 30, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.396 -- Cancer Biology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...