Investigator-Initiated Clinical Sequencing Research (R01)
The summary for the Investigator-Initiated Clinical Sequencing Research (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Investigator-Initiated Clinical Sequencing Research (R01): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement is to broaden the NHGRI investigator-initiated portfolio in genomic medicine by stimulating research that informs the implementation of genome sequencing in clinical care. This includes, but is not limited to, studies of whether and how clinical genome sequencing impacts disease diagnosis and treatment, studies that address current barriers to the implementation of clinical genome sequencing, and studies of approaches to improve the identification and interpretation of genomic variants for dissemination in clinical settings.
|Federal Grant Title:||Investigator-Initiated Clinical Sequencing Research (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-16-209|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||321460, 321461|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Human Genome Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 15, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 15, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Apr 19, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Apr 19, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Dec 16, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Private institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Independent school districts
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...