Joint Degeneration: Mouse Models
The summary for the Joint Degeneration: Mouse Models grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Joint Degeneration: Mouse Models: This announcement solicits proposals of research employing genetically defined and genetically modified mouse models to explore the biological mechanisms underlying non-inflammatory joint degeneration, or osteoarthritis. Inflammatory processes are evident in late stages of osteoarthritis, and are likely to be major contributors to the chronic pain that is the most common symptom of the condition. However, for the purpose of this initiative, osteoarthritis is distinguished from diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, in which inflammation arising from autoimmunity is the primary cause of tissue damage. In contrast, the root causes of joint degeneration in osteoarthritis remain unclear. Increasing knowledge of molecular mechanisms in cartilage and bone biology, along with advances in the genetic manipulation of mice, have yielded new concepts and new animal models that may be relevant to osteoarthritis in humans. This Program Announcement is intended to accelerate the characterization of new models and the testing of hypotheses that could lead to improved diagnosis and treatment of osteoarthritis.
|Federal Grant Title:||Joint Degeneration: Mouse Models|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-139|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research 93.846 Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 16, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jun 09, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jun 02, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.866 -- Aging Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) State governments Independent school districts Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments County governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...