Lewy Body Dementia Center Without Walls (CWOW) (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Lewy Body Dementia Center Without Walls (CWOW) (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Lewy Body Dementia Center Without Walls (CWOW) (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): This FOA invites applications that will systematically and comprehensively characterize alpha-synuclein and amyloid-beta subspecies present in human Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) post-mortem brain tissue, identify toxic subspecies and potential mechanisms of toxicity, and characterize any interactions between the proteins that may contribute to increased toxicity and/or explain selective vulnerabilities of cells/circuits. Applications are required to include at least 3 hypothesis-driven projects that address these goals, an administrative core, and other cores as appropriate. Applicants will be expected to focus on the use of human tissues. All applications will be expected to include plans for developing a publicly-available library of fully characterized alpha-synuclein and amyloid-beta subspecies found in LBD.
|Federal Grant Title:||Lewy Body Dementia Center Without Walls (CWOW) (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-NS-18-024|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.853, 93.866|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 17th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 17th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 9th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 9th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 23rd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 9th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...