Limited Competition: AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR)(UM1 Clinical Trials Not Allowed)
The summary for the Limited Competition: AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR)(UM1 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR)(UM1 Clinical Trials Not Allowed): Through this limited competition Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) solicits a single application for the continuation of the AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR). The eligible applicant institutions (which are the two current NCI-supported ACSR lead institutions) are expected to maintain the cooperative group structure and the activities of the ACSR. The primary objective of the ACSR will be to acquire, store, and equitably distribute tumor tissues, biological fluids, and associated demographic data from patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-associated malignancies. In addition to serving acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and cancer researchers at large, the ACSR will specifically provide biorepository functions for another NCI supported initiative, the AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC). The AMC performs clinical trials research in the treatment and prevention of HIV-associated malignancies in the United States and Sub-Saharan Africa. As the AMC is currently expanding its agenda to include Latin America, it is expected that the ACSR will collaborate with the AMC to develop regional biorepository support for AMC activities in Latin American countries. The continuing ACSR must have appropriate strategies and capabilities to address several high priority areas of specimen acquisition including specific types of cancer (AIDS-defining as well as non-AIDS defining), types of biospecimens and accompanying clinical data, and biospecimens from geographic areas of interest.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR)(UM1 Clinical Trials Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-18-012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.393, 93.394, 93.395, 93.396, 93.399|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 15th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 15th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||August 9th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||August 9th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||December 21st, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 9th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. see the funding announcement for eligibility details
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...