Limited Competition: The Studies to Treat or Prevent Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes (STOPP-T2D) (U01)
The summary for the Limited Competition: The Studies to Treat or Prevent Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes (STOPP-T2D) (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: The Studies to Treat or Prevent Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes (STOPP-T2D) (U01): -Purpose. The NIDDK invites a Cooperative Agreement application for a limited competition from the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) for the STOPP-T2D studies, including TODAY and HEALTHY. The DCC application will include the 15 TODAY clinical centers (CC), the 7 HEALTHY field centers, and the central laboratories, reading centers and cores. The TODAY CC, with the support of the DCC, will complete the TODAY study, continuing to implement the protocol and completing outcomes assessment of the enrolled TODAY subjects. The HEALTHY field centers, with support from the DCC, will complete the final year of the HEALTHY study, implementing the intervention in the existing 42 HEALTHY schools and completing outcomes assessment of the enrolled HEALTHY subjects. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the cooperative agreement (U01) grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NIDDK intends to award up to $26 million dollars in FY09 to fund one application.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: The Studies to Treat or Prevent Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes (STOPP-T2D) (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-08-502|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research 93.848 Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 31, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Apr 18, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Apr 18, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 31, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$26,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.849 -- Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Small businesses Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments Special district governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...