Limited Interaction Targeted Epidemiology (LITE) to Advance HIV Prevention (UG3/UH3)
The summary for the Limited Interaction Targeted Epidemiology (LITE) to Advance HIV Prevention (UG3/UH3) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Interaction Targeted Epidemiology (LITE) to Advance HIV Prevention (UG3/UH3): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to solicit applications to use innovative technology to conduct epidemiologic studies of large cohorts of U.S. populations at high risk of HIV infection: men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender women, and black/African American women. The UG3/UH3 Phased Innovation Awards Cooperative Agreement involves 2 phases. Funding for a UG3 phase will be used to enroll and follow sufficient numbers of high-risk HIV-negative participants to reach seroconversion milestone targets. A UG3 project that meets its milestones will be administratively considered by NIAID and prioritized for transition to the UH3 award. Applicants responding to this FOA must address objectives for both the UG3 and UH3 phases.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Interaction Targeted Epidemiology (LITE) to Advance HIV Prevention (UG3/UH3)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-16-031|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||323114, 323116, 323115, 323117|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants; Allergy and Infectious Diseases Research; Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 5, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 5, 2016|
|Posted Date:||May 26, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 26, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jan 5, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Independent school districts
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Special district governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...