MAPGen Knowledge Base (MAPGenKB) and Coordination Center (U01)
The summary for the MAPGen Knowledge Base (MAPGenKB) and Coordination Center (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
MAPGen Knowledge Base (MAPGenKB) and Coordination Center (U01): Purpose. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) encourages grant applications under this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) to develop and implement a Knowledge Base (KB) and Coordinating Center for the Consortium of Cross Organ Mechanism-Associated Phenotypes for Genetic Analyses of Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Diseases (MAPGen for HLBS). This is one of two FOAs for the MAPGen program. The other FOA is for the Research Centers (RCs) of MAPGen and described separately in RFA-HL-11-005. The MAPGenKB will provide logistical and informatics support for the research across all RCs in the MAPGen consortium and synthesize the knowledge from the datasets of the RCs and other sources that are relevant to the goals of the MAPGen consortium. The data and tools generated from this consortium will be made available to the broad scientific community. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Cooperative Agreement (U01) award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Contingent upon the availability of funds and the receipt of a sufficient number of meritorious applications, $5.5 million will be available to fund 1 award of 5 years duration.
|Federal Grant Title:||MAPGen Knowledge Base (MAPGenKB) and Coordination Center (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-11-004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center on Sleep Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 03, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 04, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$650,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Multidisciplinary Approaches to HIV-Associated Comorbidities and Prioritizing Intervention...
- • Using Syndemics to Understand HLBS Disease Emergence and Progression in People with HIV (P...
- • Emergency Awards: RADx-rad Predicting Viral-Associated Inflammatory Disease Severity in Ch...
- • Hybrid Effectiveness-Implementation Trials for Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Diseases in t...
- • Implementation Research to Improve Case Finding, Cascade Screening, and Treatment for Fami...
- • Ancillary Studies in Clinical Trials (R01)
- • Opportunity PA-08-021
- • Research Demonstration and Dissemination Grants (R18)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...