Maintenance and Operations Grant for Herat University Media Operations Center (MOC)
The summary for the Maintenance and Operations Grant for Herat University Media Operations Center (MOC) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Afghanistan, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Maintenance and Operations Grant for Herat University Media Operations Center (MOC): The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, invites all eligible organizations (see Section IV for Eligibility Requirements) to submit a proposal for maintaining and operating the Media Operations Center on the campus of Herat University. Kabul PAS has financed the construction of a Media Operations Center (MOC) at Herat University. The MOC is designed to provide the University with modern training facilities and equipment to develop and distribute print, radio, and television materials; enhance students abilities to broadcast self-generated and community information products; enhance faculty and students capabilities in the use of modern media production technologies. The construction and equipping of this center is complete, and to ensure its smooth continuing operation, Kabul PAS is soliciting proposals for a grant that would provide for the operation and maintenance this facility for a period of up to 24 months.
|Federal Grant Title:||Maintenance and Operations Grant for Herat University Media Operations Center (MOC)|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Afghanistan|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SCAKAB-13-GR-038-SCA-07312013|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Public Diplomacy Programs for Afghanistan and Pakistan|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 31, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 31, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jul 31, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jul 31, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Public Diplomacy - Education program and facilities support
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is open to all U.S., Afghan, and international organizations or companies with direct experience in building and equipment repair and maintenance, and a proven track record of success implementing projects in Afghanistan. Organizations must demonstrate current country registration license (when applicable), competent programmatic ability and be able to meet reporting requirements. Non-Afghan organizations or companies (organizations with NO office in Afghanistan) are required to partner with an Afghan organization or company.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pedro Palugyai, Grants Manager, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Kabul, Afghanistan
Inquiries and submissions
U.S. Mission to Afghanistan 301-555-5555
- Similar Government Grants
- • Pakistan English Language Professional Development for Teachers, Students, and Young Profe...
- • Lincoln Corners Network - Administrative Support
- • Capacity Building of Afghan Journalists and Establishing Sustainable Platforms for Afghan ...
- • Peacebuilding, Leadership for Women through Sports, and Entrepreneurship Programming in Pu...
- • Intersectional Strategies for Preventing Extremism
- • Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs Grant
- • Embassy Kabul PAS Annual Program Statement
- • Establishment of a University Partnership in Journalism with Herat University, Afghanistan
- More Grants from the US Mission to Afghanistan
- • U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation 2023 Grants Program
- • Supporting Afghan Media
- • Preserving Afghan Culture, Empowering Women, and Reinforcing Shared Values
- • National Unity Project
- • Peace Journalism Project