Measures and Determinants of Smokeless Tobacco Use, Prevention, and Cessation (R21)
The summary for the Measures and Determinants of Smokeless Tobacco Use, Prevention, and Cessation (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Measures and Determinants of Smokeless Tobacco Use, Prevention, and Cessation (R21): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR), encourages the submission of research grant applications from scientists who propose to study the factors that mediate initiation, use, and cessation of smokeless tobacco, to understand the relationship of smokeless tobacco with other tobacco products, and to develop methods for studying smokeless tobacco products and related behaviors in humans. The overall goal is to develop an evidence base to inform smokeless tobacco control efforts, and to develop effective ways to limit the spread and promote cessation of smokeless tobacco use. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R21 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, RFA-CA-08-024, that solicits applications under the R01 grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NCI has set aside $2.5 million in Fiscal Year 2009 to fund eight to ten R01 and R21 grants. A total of approximately $10.0 million will be available over 5 years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Measures and Determinants of Smokeless Tobacco Use, Prevention, and Cessation (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-08-025|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.394 Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 24, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jul 03, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 25, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.395 -- Cancer Treatment Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Independent school districts County governments City or township governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...