Mechanisms of Immune Modulation (R21)
The summary for the Mechanisms of Immune Modulation (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mechanisms of Immune Modulation (R21): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages mechanistic studies of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) modalities believed to modulate immune function. It is not intended to support efficacy studies. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, RFA-AT-07-004, that solicits applications under the R01 mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The participating organization intends to commit a total of $1.5 million in FY 2008 to this RFA for payment of applications responsive to this announcement and a parallel announcement that uses the R01 mechanism. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. It is anticipated that two new R21 awards will be made in FY 2008.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mechanisms of Immune Modulation (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AT-07-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine 93.307 Minority Health and Health Disparities Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 15, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Jul 17, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 17, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 15, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.393 -- Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education City or township governments County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...