Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications that propose to conduct time-sensitive mechanistic ancillary studies related to the NIAMS mission in conjunction with privately or publicly funded, ongoing clinical projects. The ongoing parent clinical project can be an interventional clinical trial, or a clinical study such as an observational study that will be actively collecting patient samples or clinical data. The parent project(s) should provide a cohort of well-characterized patients, infrastructure, data, and biological samples for the ancillary study. Applications submitted in response to this FOA will undergo an accelerated review and award process. The objective of this FOA is to provide a flexible mechanism to leverage established resources and maximize the return on existing investments in parent projects. Successful ancillary studies will enhance the scientific content and value of the parent projects, improve the research communitys understanding of a disease or organ system in the NIAMS portfolio, and thus may identify novel targets for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AR-19-006|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 2nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 2nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 4th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||April 4th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 8th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 4th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Late-Stage Translation of Biomedical and Behavioral Research Results in Arthritis and Musc...
- • Senator Paul D. Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Specialized Research Centers (MDSRC) (P50 Cli...
- • NIAMS Rheumatic Diseases Research Resource-based Centers (P30- Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NIAMS Resource-based Centers for Bone, Muscle and Orthopaedic Research (BMOR) (P30 - Clini...
- • NIAMS Skin Biology and Diseases Resource-based Centers (P30 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Collaborative Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Science Award (Camssa)
- • Niams Small Grant Program for New Investigators
- • Skin Diseases Research Core Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...