Michigan State Parks Piping Plover Monitoring
The summary for the Michigan State Parks Piping Plover Monitoring grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Michigan State Parks Piping Plover Monitoring: This project is of great benefit to the critically endangered Great Lakes Piping Plover population. Michigan DNR State Parks will hire a piping plover monitor to help find and protect endangered Great Lakes piping plovers nesting at Muskegon State Park. After a many decades long absence piping plovers returned to breed at this state park a few years ago. This is a very busy state park and the monitor will help protect the plovers by educating the public about this endangered species. The Michigan DNR has the contacts and cost-sharing abilities to continue this activity in the best way possible to maximize benefits to this endangered species.
|Federal Grant Title:||Michigan State Parks Piping Plover Monitoring|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00137|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 21st, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 21st, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 22nd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- There is not an application process for this funding opportunity. This is a notice of intent to award a single source cooperative agreement to the Michigan DNR under justification 505DM 2.14B 1 and 4.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Vincent Cavalieri 517-351-5467
Fish and Wildlife Biologist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Grants to Great Lakes Tribes - Fiscal Year 2023 Great Lakes Resto...
- • F23AS00165-Aquatic Invasive Species Interjurisdictional Grants to the Great Lakes States a...
- • F23AS00163 - Aquatic Invasive Species Grants to Great Lakes States - Fiscal Year 2023 Grea...
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Grants to Great Lakes States - Fiscal Year 2022 Great Lakes Resto...
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Interjurisdictional Grants to the Great Lakes States and Tribes -...
- • Opportunity FWS-JVGLRI-2011
- • Great Lakes Wind Power-Making it Wildlife-Friendly
- • GLRI Endangered Species Program
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research