Millennium Promise Awards: Non-communicable Chronic Diseases Research Training Program (NCoD) (D43)
The summary for the Millennium Promise Awards: Non-communicable Chronic Diseases Research Training Program (NCoD) (D43) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Millennium Promise Awards: Non-communicable Chronic Diseases Research Training Program (NCoD) (D43): This research training program is designed to build research capacity in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) in the fields related to cancer, cerebrovascular disease including stroke, lung disease including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and environmental factors including indoor air pollution, and obesity and lifestyle factors related to these conditions as well as genetics of non-communicable diseases. The institutions applying can be domestic or foreign, but have to exhibit the ability to do such training, and must exhibit that they have existing research programs in these fields.
|Federal Grant Title:||Millennium Promise Awards: Non-communicable Chronic Diseases Research Training Program (NCoD) (D43)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Environment Income Security and Social Services Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-175|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research 93.393 Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 28, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 12, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 02, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.853 -- Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...