Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase I
The summary for the Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase I grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase I: The goal of the Model Approaches Program is to protect and enhance essential rights and benefits of older persons in states across the country, through the creation and maintenance of well-integrated and cost-effective legal service delivery systems that effectively target scarce legal resources to older adults in the greatest social or economic need of assistance on priority legal issues, and that are an integral part of the broad aging services network.
|Federal Grant Title:||Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase I|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2016-ACL-AOA-SL-0137|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Programs for the Aging_Title IV_and Title II_Discretionary Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Apr 26, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The intent of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to expand Model Approaches projects beyond the 35 previously-funded states/territories. Therefore, the 35 states/territories that have previously received Model Approaches funding are not eligible to apply under this FOA. The thirty-five (35) ineligible states/territories are: Alabama, Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
Within an eligible state/territory, proposals in response to this FOA will be accepted from one of two eligible applicant categories. Eligible applicants are:
1. The entity within an eligible state that currently houses the State Legal Assistance Developer; or
2. An entity within an eligible state that is experienced in providing low-cost services to older persons through a senior legal helpline (or proposes to develop and operate a senior legal helpline).
Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Valerie Soroka
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program