Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase II
The summary for the Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase II grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase II: With this grant opportunity, Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase II(Model Approaches - Phase II), the Administration for Community Living (ACL) continues and expands its support for state leadership efforts in implementing well integrated and cost effective legal service delivery systems that maximize the impact of limited legal resources targeted to older adults in greatest need. The ultimate goal of this grant is to promote and support the continued evolution of legal service delivery systems created through Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase I (Model Approaches - Phase I) towards higher levels of capacity, performance, and service delivery impact. Model Approaches - Phase II will move statewide legal service delivery systems towards greater accessibility for older adults presenting “priority” legal issues; seamless systemic integration of vital low cost legal service delivery mechanisms; precise targeting and outreach to older adults in the greatest social or economic need; improved responsiveness to legal issues that emerge from elder abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation; expanded knowledge and expertise of aging and legal service providers; implementation of legal service delivery standards/guidelines, and data collection and reporting systems that measure legal program results and demonstrate tangible impact on the independence, health, and financial security of older adults.
|Federal Grant Title:||Model Approaches to Statewide Legal Assistance Systems - Phase II|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2016-ACL-AOA-LE-0130|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Programs for the Aging_Title IV_and Title II_Discretionary Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 30, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,071,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$178,500|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$178,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Through this FOA, states previously involved in Model Approaches - Phase I are asked to present proposals to fully implement sustainable legal service delivery systems that demonstrate significant innovations in addressing priority legal issues impacting older adults most in need. Therefore, the 28 states that have previously received Model Approaches - Phase I funding, either through state units on aging or other eligible entities, and that have not been awarded a Model Approaches Phase II grant previously, will be eligible to apply under this FOA. The twenty eight (28) eligible states are: Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
Within an eligible state, proposals in response to this FOA will be accepted from the entity that currently houses the State Legal Assistance Developer (LAD). Each proposal must contain a detailed plan for direct and ongoing leadership involvement of the LAD in the design, implementation, evaluation, and sustainability of the Model Approaches - Phase II legal service delivery system. Further, each proposal must contain a detailed plan for ongoing collaboration between the LAD and key partners and stakeholders involved in all aspects of project design, implementation, evaluation, and sustainability.
Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Omar Valverde
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program